SCHOOL FIELD TRIPS
Why Visit the Charleston Tea Plantation?
A visit to our Plantation will afford your students the following opportunities:
1. Students will learn the origin and history of tea.
2. Students will witness first hand the daily operations of a working tea farm and manufacturing plant.
3. Students will learn how the leaves are harvested and actually processed into tea.
4. Students can experience the taste of Charleston Tea Plantation Tea, the freshest tea grown and produced right here on the grounds of the Charleston Tea Plantation.
What does a Field Trip to the Charleston Tea Plantation Entail?
Students will take the Factory Tour, where the Mr. and Mrs. Bigelow themselves, via flat screen televisions, guide them down a glass tourway overlooking the factory. Students will learn about the history of tea, the harvesting and production of our own Charleston Tea Plantation Tea, and the story of the Charleston Tea Plantation.
What Are My Other Options?
1. You can choose to take the Trolley Tour, where students can enjoy a scenic ride around our 127 acre farm. The Tour is narrated by William Barclay Hall, founder of American Classic Tea and world renowned Tea Taster. He will educate students about the history of America's own tea garden while challenging their knowledge of tea.
2. If you opt for the Charleston Tea Plantation Goodie Bag, students would receive a recycled, re-usable cloth tote filled with fun souvenirs such as our Explore the World of Tea DVD and a sample of Charleston Tea Plantation Tea.
How Much Time Will I Need?
You decide how long you want to stay at the Plantation and how much you want your students to experience on their visit. We would suggest that you give your class approximately 2 hours to soak in all that the Charleston Tea Plantation has to offer.
As a point of reference, here is the timeline that we suggest you follow...
- 15 minutes to enjoy the Factory Tour
- 25 to 30 minutes to take the Trolley Tour
- 10 minutes to enjoy a nice glass of iced Charleston Tea Plantation tea
- 15 minutes to visit our unique Plantation Gift Shoppe. Here students can shop a vast variety of teapots and accessories as well as Charleston Tea Plantation souvenirs and of course Charleston tea Plantation Teas. Students can also check out our custom made map highlighting 'The Tea Producing Countries of the World.'
- 10 minutes to visit our Propagation Hut
- 25 minutes to enjoy a picnic lunch in our scenic picnic area surrounded by Live Oak Trees
A Field Trip to the Charleston Tea Plantation will encompass science, history, math, and geography.
The standard School Field Trip includes the Factory Tour and one of the presentation options. It can be upgraded to also include the Trolley Ride and/or Charleston Tea Plantation Goodie Bag at an additional cost.
Please call 1-843-559-0383 or e-mail Jane Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.