While a little bit of cold is sticking around, it seems that warm weather is finally around the corner. With the warm weather comes some of our favorite spring and summertime activities, from heading to the beach or enjoying an outdoor picnic to sitting on the porch and sipping sun tea. While some think of sun tea as a memory from a bygone time, we think this easy to make, delicious drink should be in everyone’s cups during warm weather.
Here’s how you can make your own batch of sun tea during the spring and summer months.
1. Grab a glass dispenser, as large as you want.
2. Place your tea bags into the container before pouring water into it to better infuse the tea. Add 8 of your favorite CTP tea bags per gallon of water. The number of tea bags will depend on the size of your container, so just be sure to measure out how much water you’re putting in. There’s really no rule as to what tea to use, it depends entirely upon your preference. We recommend our Plantation Peach or Rockville Raspberry teas for a fun take on your sun tea!
3. After putting in the tea bags, cover the container and place it in the sun. From there, wait for it to steep. While the amount of time the tea will take to steep depends on several factors, from the type of tea you’re using to the temperature outside, plan on about 2-3 hours of sun time. Just check to see when the tea has reached the color and flavor you’re looking for.
4. From here, put your own spin on it! Add sugar, honey, lemon, or any other garnish you like to your tea. For things like sugar and honey, add ¼ a cup at a time until you reach your desired taste.
5. Pour a glass, step outside, and enjoy your sun tea!
When it comes to making the most of warm weather, it’s the little things that count. A glass (or two!) of refreshing, tasty sun tea is sure to make your spring and summer all the more enjoyable.